Use order for examination of judgment creditor for child support collection with your Motion which can be found in the Document Library. The Motion is the form that you complete explaining the circumstances and requesting that the court allow you to ask the deadbeat questions about his employment, income and other parts of his financial life. If the court agrees with your request, they will sign your Order. You must have the Order completed, with your portion filled out and ready for the court to complete their portion when you go to court to file your paperwork.
Here are the steps:
- Download the Order for Examination of Judgment Creditor for Child Support Collection from our Document Library
- Complete the form. See the sample in our Sample Letters/ Forms/ Language section
- Attach the Order to the Motion and the list of questions you have created
- Make 2 copies of each document
- Bring them with you to the county clerk’s office and file for your Motion
- Serve the deadbeat with the Motion and Order for examination, along with your list of questions
- After the deadbeat has been served, return the certification/affidavit/proof of service back to the clerk’s office
- Show up on the date of your hearing
If you are concerned about whether you can afford the costs associated with a motion and order to examine your deadbeat debtor, including paying filing fees, consider filing for Indigent Status at the County Clerk’s office. Search our blog and article area for information to help you understand what that is and how to use it.